Friday, June 24, 2011

Hey Target...I've got a fabulous idea for you!

Okay, so this is going to sound horrible. But I'm at Target the other day, like usual just there for a few things. And like usual, I've got to trek across the whole store for the few things I need. Meanwhile, my angelic children flip a switch after we make it through the automated doors, and it is suddenly mass chaos. They turn into little gremlins, can't sit still for a minute, screaming, complaining, fighting and I am on the verge of a breakdown. ugh!


(this was not the seen that day, but how I had envisioned it all going down)
And then it hit me, this thought, that I am somewhat ashamed of. I'm not big on drop-in child care centers, but my thought:


What if Target had drop-in childcare for mom's who needed to get some shopping done and kids that are less than thrilled to be there?

I know, I can't believe I said it either. But then I got to thinking. Target Inc. would really profit from this. Mom's would stay longer, spend more, and mom's are more likely to also spend more when they are in a calm happy mood. In that case, it wouldn't be a good thing for me.


But it was just a thought. A random, careless, unsolicited thought, I hope I didn't make anyone mad. Whew! Feels good to get that out.


I leave you with a vision of better days...


Please tell me your tricks of how to handle these crazy kids at the store!(Cuz I don't think the drop-in childcare is going to happen anytime soon :) I seriously am going to pile them all together and start experimenting, so please give me ideas people!
leave a comment, or facebook me (julie luse), or email me at (julie at delight gluten free dot com)


thanks ahead of time!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Seriously the only time I get to shop (and not at warp speed b/c of the 3 year old gremlin) is when I get Declan popcorn. *exiting with my head hung low*

Justina Dean said...

Snacks work for me too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...