Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just call me...captain cranky pants. (I need to hear it)



So this sweet gal: Hill from Capturing Motherhood blog, is my new virtual friend. Can I even call her that after one email exchange? I’m pretty sure she is called friend by at least a thousand, she is that sweet. And her blog is even sweeter, go check it out. She has started this new thing on Wednesdays; picture me (im)perfect. And it’s about showing that we don’t always have it together. Truly hits on my heart because so often I feel like I’m loosing it. Yet, I poke around at other mom blogs, and they seem to have it so together, so figured out. And then you look at my posts, and I’m putting off the same vibe. So she thought it was a good idea to show the not-so-pretty-blog side of ourselves too and rally together to mom’s to say “you know what? It’s okay! Sometimes it’s tough and we are not perfect, except perfectly broken! Which is a perfect place to be.”



Okay so my perfectly (im) perfect moment happens quite often I’m so embarrassed. It’s in the morning. There is another side of my personality that is reserved for the first moments of the day and it would make you believe I have some kind of split personality. Don’t worry I’ve actually been tested…nothing. Just have to deal with it. I find the worst thoughts come to my head and usually directed to the cutest members of our family for trying to get me out of bed. I’ve tried countless ways to work around this, you name it, I’ve tried it. Putting breakfast out, hanging up black out curtains, noise makers, child locks (only on our guest bedroom’s doors so our kids don’t wake them up), cartoons, pretending to sleep so the hubs will get up with them, putting them to bed super late, pleading with them the night before, pleading with them in the morning, ha – I’ve actually purposely left piles of clothes on my side of the bed so that they won’t come to me, and instead go to his side (sorry babe). I’m telling you, nothing works. My kids still get up at the crack of dawn, and my husband still keeps me up till midnight. And my oldest will even tell you “mom is a little crabby in the morning before her coffee.”

There is one time, mark it, that I was actually able to stick to a newly drawn out schedule to get up right before my children so that I could tell the grouch to take a hike, and sip some coffee in complete silence…ahhh. And that one day was truly glorious. I take vows that I will develop some kind of bedtime routine and make myself go to bed early so that I can get up early. I right out schedules to hit the devos or the gym early to help me deal with the stress of the day. All of these I have failed at and I am still left with this crouchy morning mama thing that is not so pretty.

So I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to suck it up, get up, and do life with these pretty bedhead babies because they are so stinkin’ sweet in the morning and I’m gonna kick myself in 10 years that I missed out on those beautiful moments. But just know, people, this is the single most hardest thing for me: to get out of bed early. For I LOVE sleeping! Another thing I would like to do is to take this pretty card with a note to self and put it right on my nightstand. So before I even hear that morning grunt come on I can read it and be reminded of my more saner self and the woman I want to be in life, and the mother I want these babes to remember.


What do you think? And I would love to know what kinds of things have helped you with this problem? For surely I am not alone in this, right?




5 comments:

Jackie said...

I love this post.. and I'm right there with you! I have trouble going to bed and am not by nature a morning person. I also was woken at the crack of dawn for years and years. I'm here to encourage you that one day it will turn a corner. Our kids are a bit older now and I never thought I'd see the day where I'd have to wake them for school, but I do. I'm now able to consistently get up before them and start off right. That's not to say the crankies don't hit our family most mornings. Now it's often one or two of them complaining to me. I too have to remember, I'll miss this one day. :) Oh and I love that note too! Did you make it?

hill said...

love your heart. thanks for linking up. i so feel your pain. so so so feel it. this (http://inspiredtoaction.com/ebook/) has been a great resource for me. and we are definitely virtual friends! xoxo.

Jami said...

I love every part of this post! We seem to be somewhat in the same place. Hang in there girl ;)

jules ... bedheadandbrainfarts.blogspot.com said...

Jackie, thank you for your encouragement, I really do need to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I did make that note, now to get it printed off so it looks as pretty on my nightstand...
Hill, thanks for the resource!
Jami, it's so nice I'm not alone, thank goodness for this crazy mommy blogging world where we can reach out!

you girls rock!

Jami Nato said...

Hahaha...I've used some of the same tactics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...