Monday, June 13, 2011

Wisdom from the wee little people

This happens a lot. I'm in a middle of a stinky attitude or thinking I'm right about something and from the wee little voice of one of my children comes this wisdom and makes me stop and think...hmmm...you have an excellent point little one!

Well, that happened today.

I'm in the bathroom getting ready. We have one bathroom in this little two bedroom apartment. And it's hard to find privacy here. I just want some in the bathroom sometimes. I'm washing my face and brushing my teeth. Bitty is like a magnet to the bathroom, if the door's open, she's campin out in there. What does she do in there?  One day I just found her standing on the stool and laying her head on the sink. For an 18 month old little girl, sometimes I think she is very strange.

Anyway, back to the story. She is on the stool next to me taking up part of the sink while I wash my face, begging me for her toothbrush and making me splash water on her hands while I have soap in my eyes. Then cue Smasher. He is now taking up another part of the sink...I don't even know what he's doing, execpt just chillin' cuz obviously this is the place to be at this moment.

I then say (in a slightly irritated and loud voice as to be heard over the running water) "Come on guys! I just want to wash my face and brush my teeth by myself, why must I have an audience?!?!"

Smasher's repsonse: (very matter-o-factly) "Because we like you!"

hmmm...well...umm...okay, that's really nice. It's nice to be liked. Nevermind. Someday I'm going to wish they would want to share the sink with me and they will be too cool for that. I'll take it, while I got it!


Thank you wee little ones!

Guess what? I'm linking up again, man I'm on a roll. 
I love this blog Life Made Lovely, and today is...
Life Made Lovely Monday, check it out!



3 comments:

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

hi jules!!

just wanted to you to know you linked up perfectly.
you link looks great. no problems at all.
thanks for linking up!!!

have a happy day!
heather

katie said...

So true. Enjoy these moments when they want to hang out with you and like you! I am dreading the day when my boys no longer feel that way...the teen years. Hopefully we can avoid the typical "my parents are so uncool" stage.

jules ... bedheadandbrainfarts.blogspot.com said...

Katie, I think we can avoid it. I know parents whose teens want to come home and tell them everything that happened that day. I haven't quite figured out how they achieve such a blessing, but I'll be sure to blog about it if I do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...