Thursday, September 8, 2011

Books by color!

So my hubby and I were checking out this amazing website that has us totally inspired, it's called Things Organized Neatly, you've got to check it out. Some of the photos can be a little OCD, but something is so refreshing and relaxing to my eyes to see such order and to see it displayed so beautifully. 


We were running through ways to organize and decorate his office when we saw this beauty...
"Oh I love this!" we both say. 
For completely different reasons. He likes the square black cubbies to organize books as opposed to shelves. Me? It was the books organized by color...mmm...I could look at that all day long. It makes me happy. Why can't the things (notice I say things, not people) be organized by color? The whole world would look like a rainbow. 
You see, I secretly think the reason he was drawn to this image is because the color. 


What do you think? 
Are you drawn to these book collections because of the beauty of color organization? 
And just to drowned my point further. I was taking a gander at a row of thrift stores that exist on a busy street in my town. All of them had some issues with the sense of smell for it was a major turnoff, however, when stepped foot inside the Goodwill store and noticed that their clothes were organized by color, I simply had to look? It was more powerful than the smell to me. It made me smile. How does it make you feel?
I think we might have something here. Because when I organize my children's toys and movies (not by color just by item) they are drawn in instantly and want to play and imagine all over again verses when their things are lying around everywhere. 


If we are drawn to organization and even more, if we are drawn to organization by color, then advertisers, marketers, and graphic artists should take note. WHATIFIORGANIZEDTHISBLOGBYCOLOR?
This could be key to drawing people in to take a closer look at things of all kinds. Hmmm.


Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

Photo Credits:
http://dornob.com/
www.thingsorganizedneatly.com
www.apartmenttherapy.com
2sistersblog.com
seesawdesigns.blogspot.com
thriftychicclothing.com



9 comments:

Earl-Leigh said...

That is a really fun way to organize a bookshelf!

Justina Dean said...

K, so now I want to see your finished product...!

jules ... bedheadandbrainfarts.blogspot.com said...

Earl, nice to meet ya! Just visited your cute blog! Hope you come by again.

Justina, working on it, I'm so inspired, there's got to be something around this place I could organize by color! :)

Natalie said...

I have organized all the books in my house this way. Haha! I love it. It makes books art!

Marianne said...

Ahhh! I am obsessed with anything rainbow. I can't wait to check out your Pinterest boards. Thanks so much for the great pics!

jules ... bedheadandbrainfarts.blogspot.com said...

Marianne, nice to meet you! You know, I was a fan of Rainbow Bright growing up, but then ditched it for fear of seeming like a hippy. But I think I'm back on the train, this world needs much more color, especially my white walls!

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie I loved the colored book on the shelves! What a fantastic way to organize! -Ellie

lauren said...

and what is wrong with being a hippy?? hmmm? ;) i organize my books like that-- it drives nate a little bonkers. he says he can't remember what color books are. weird. and i just stick those little tortillas in the regular toaster and toast them like-- well like toast. ;)

Marisa said...

Totally smiling from ear to ear as I scroll through this post. Oh man, glad I'm not the only one. And yes, I most certainly have a lovely little Pinterest board devoted soley to all things color. LOVED this. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...