Thursday, September 22, 2011

End of Summer purge

*And because I think this blog and post deserves to link up with The Wiegand's Imperfect, Lovely, Messy, Beautiful Life linky party (see widget at the bottom) I just want to say this:


I am plagued by the "grass is always greener" syndrome. We live in a tiny apartment, in the "ghetto" (more on that later), with only one bathroom, a side yard (if you can even call it that), I cannot go shopping every month, hardly have time to do my hair and I'm really just not that cool or popular in this world. 
However, Joy is available to anyone who chooses it. And we are SO blessed, let our summer pictures just show how rich our lives are not by what we wear, what we look like, where we live or how many followers we have! But that we have each other and we have experiences and adventure. 
__________________________________________________________________
 (and now back to our originally scheduled program)


I am sorry to do this to you but I am a procrastinator and seeing as the season of Fall starts TOMORROW, I am going to have to unload all the photos I've been saving from our Summer fun! Perhaps you like this sort of thing, if so, leave me a comment and tell me. For me, it drives me nuts as the blogger because I want to sit and perfect every photo or do something fun and creative with it, but there was just too many to count, a few of them have been spruced up but the rest are what they are. Enjoy! 



There was some bike ridin, graduating to new helmets and a lot of big wheel and scooter action too!

And in this blazin heat, you start to forget that you don't really have a full yard and that a 3 foot by 10 foot-ish side yard is plenty of room for water fun!



 



Oh yeah, did I mention I am a hair cutter as well as a hair stylist? I didn't chose it, it was chosen for me as my Hubs thought he could train me, and it turns out I'm pretty trainable. However none of this translates to my own hair, it is often undone, and unmaintained, sad, I know!


After, feelin pretty good.
Bitty dove right into the world of painted nails! To my astonishment it's the only time she will sit perfectly still. 
Bitty discovered that sticks are so much more than play guns. 


Just a glimpse of our Fourth!



And then there were many sweet moments with friends, in which, regretfully, many other moments (not shown here) were unaccounted for. But I'm getting better at this documentation. Sorry kids!











Oh yes, and there was time on the farm! (definitely need to document the time here a little better)



Okay, and last but not least, we spent some time at CAMP. It was a crazy two weeks, but there were lots of great experiences (ahem, many of them, once again, not documented).

Bitty found ways to make friends with everyone, 
she such a charmer.
The heat sure did zap her this summer, which is why she seems so laid back in all these photos. She found her favorite uncle Ez! He was a camper.  
 In fact, this sweetie had two of her favorite uncles at camp this week and I just can't get over how sweet they are with her, and they mentor Smasher, he looks up to them with all that he has. 


 For one of the weeks, auntie Nic stayed with us and was not only a huge help but a fun companion for me too!
There are theme nights at camp, but I cannot even think what these hairstyles were for. 

Hawaiin night.

Ummm, I should just let you decide for yourself. This was Caveman night I think, and his nametag says Geiko, get it? 




And then there was fishing. Smasher had been begging me to go fishing and I guess he got impatient and convinced aunt Nic to help him, so they went and found some materials. He was so proud to show me what he came up with. 


It wasn't too long later that they came back with these humongous tadpoles. I'm pretty sure they caught them with their hands, however. 


After deciding that perhaps the homemade fishing pole might not be cutting it, he decided to ensure his success and try some other measures to capture that first fish, he wasn't giving up. He gathered up all of our beach toys, including an old strainer that they took from my kitchen. 





Turns out the net worked the best and a fish was caught. I'm pretty sure, aunt Nic was the main fisherman with Smasher as the assistant. 


It caught the attention of some jr high boys, and Smasher was exuding with confidence. They even decided to try some of his beach toys to catch fish as well, while Smash took a much deserved Frito break. :)






Whew! Well, we got that out of the way. Good Summer. Already thinking of ideas to make next year even better and to document more of these sweet fleeting moments. Thanks for looking, visiting, reading! Until next time. 


And Happy Fall early! :)


3 comments:

Rainbow Bekah said...

What a FUN lookin' summer!!! I'm a picture takin' FIEND so I'm all about these posts! :0)

kinze said...

oh my goodness ... what a beautiful family ... and loved those freshly painted finger nails! just loved all the pictures! coming over from the wiegands link up!

Ree said...

You're both cool AND popular, in my book! Love the pics and the JOY so obvious in your pictures, friend!! (hugs) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...