Thursday, October 13, 2011

Deep Thoughts...by Julie


We may never be rich, but we can always be clean

.........................................

I just don't get it when I see a SHOE on the side of the road. 
Any road, highway, sidewalk, side street. 
I think "shoes, are not cheap, and how you can get along with only one shoe?" 
I mean, do people just toss them out their car windows 
or were the kids feet just hanging out the window 
and..."oops, mom there went my shoe"?
If my kid 
did that 
we would 
pull the car
 over 
and I 
would walk them 
to go fetch it. 
We can't afford to just throw our shoes out the window. 
And if it's not that, 
then should the police be investigating some kind of child kidnapping or something, 
obviously there was some kind of struggle if a shoe came off. 

.........................................

Kids meal toys are not overrated
In fact I choose where we are going to get lunch based on it. So you fast food places that have stopped giving out toys and still cost the same as the restaurants that do, really tick me off. I know, some of them offer an ice cream treat. But do I want my kids bouncing off the wall later or content playing with a "free" toy? If you are going to offer a treat (however your cookies and rice krispie bars are killin' me cuz my kids can't eat them), then at least make it a coupon I can bring back (without an expiration) when we decide to indulge in your sugary goodness. Thank you. 

.........................................

You can change your attitude from the inside out, 
it's possible. 
If you put a little effort to 
put a smile on your face 
or raise your brows 
or brighten up your eyes, 
when you are out in public, 
you'd be surprised how your inside starts to 
believe it. 

.........................................

You cannot call it "creepin" on Facebook... 
if I've for one: made you a friend, and for two: made all of that info and photos publicly available.


.........................................

Stop worrying about what other's think 
because they are not actually thinking about you, they are thinking about themselves.

.........................................

Worry doesn't actually help anything, 
it just steals time off of your life. 
The only thing worth worrying about is the stuff that you cannot do anything about, 
so then, what's the point of worrying about that?

.........................................

If you constantly complain about how busy you are, 
then perhaps you think that being super busy is some kind of success symbol. 
In that case, you are bragging, not complaining. 
And if you were truly complaining and want to change that, 
guess what? You can! :)


.........................................


Buying used stuff or getting stuff for free 
is not a habit of the poor, 
it is the habit of the wise. 
But what you do with the stuff could determine if you are wise or if you are a hoarder. 

.........................................


LIFE IS LIKE A JUMP ROPE. up. down. up.  down 

(not my words, but those of a kid's band called Blue October
You've got to check them out!) 
And while your at it, 
check out 
They must be Giants
we are grooving to the song "I am a Paleontologist."




HAPPY THURSDAY!

1 comment:

Karen said...

These all made me smile. I can't figure out the one shoe on the side of the road thing either. After car accidents I have seen one shoe in the street because it falls off in the impact but other than that, I don't have a clue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...