Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh no you didn't just blog without a photo...

You know, I have so many blog ideas written down in my idea notebook, I've got about 10 half written posts and I've got a computer filled with photos. So why don't I blog more often? I always overthink my way out of ideas. It starts out great and then the words don't come together....I think..."this is not funny enough"...I rewrite...I think...there are no photos for this post...erase. And so many times I just quit. The kids are crying in the background, the dishes and laundry are calling. There are several other important jobs that need to be done. 

The truth is, I have some really exciting things I plan to launch from this blog in the future, but I keep waiting for the time to be right. It's like before you have kids and you keep saying "we just aren't ready, we are not financially stable enough, or whatever your excuse is," I always tell those couples now: in that case you will never be ready and ps kids don't have to cost that much. 

Well, when is there a good time to jump into this blogging thing completely full forced and unabashed? There will always be bloggers that are funnier, who have better photographs, more interesting stories, better advice, more creativity and more craftiness. 

I've been inspired by this gal lately: Her names is Karen. I found her over at Happily Ever After.
I had poked in at her blog every once and a while and thought it was cute. Then one day she hit 100 followers and blogged about how amazing that felt and how much she loves blogging. I was curious as to how someone reaches 100 followers, let alone 3,000, like some other blogs I follow. She was kind enough to answer me. So we started emailing and I learned a lot about her. I told her about Delight Gluten Free Magazine and she told me a little about Mitochondrial Apathy (hope that's spelled right) and her family's food allergies and intolerances. She is very sweet.  And you know what? She just blogs about life. He doesn't always have a ton of pictures (she does today), she doesn't have an Etsy store or a design business. She isn't sarcastic and cunning. She is sweet and honest and real. And that's why, now over 100, people follow her and even more love her and read her blog.

So I'm going to be more real with you. I am going to TRY to stop second guessing every blog post, idea, photo, whatever that I put out there. But I am going to try something else too. I am going to force myself to keep writing, even if it's about nothing, consistency is a good thing.

So, hence the reason you have a post like this today. I am trying to post three times a week. perhaps Monday, Wednesday, Friday will be best. So keep checking out Bedhead and Brainfarts. As I get more comfortable  with this, I will launch some of the fun ideas I have in store: like DIY projects, foodie fun, great advice and cute little creative crafts (that's right, and I'm not even a crafter).

PS. A note to some of my family and friends that read this blog
1. Will you become a follower? It's super easy and if you want me to post a tutorial on how to follow a blog without even having a blog I would love to do that for you. Leave a comment below if you're interested.
2. I just figured out how to set my settings so that ANYONE can leave a comment. So now, you don't even need to have a blog, a blogger account, or be signed into anything. You can leave it anonymously and just type your name in the comment space.
3. If you don't have a blog, I would like to encourage you to start one and I would love to help you. Leave a comment about it, or email me: julie (at) delightglutenfree (dot) com. I can help you get started and even help with your design if you'd like.

That's all for today, thanks for reading folks!

Oh okay, fine, so here is a completely unrelated photo, for your viewing pleasure

3 comments:

Karen said...

I am grinning ear to ear right now after reading this post :) You are so sweet!!! The dishes and laundry will wait, the kids maybe not so much, but take the time to write because you will feel so much better about who you are. I'm aiming for 3 a week too, not sure which days yet, it will just happen when it does :) Your blog is going to be a huge success! I love the music playing in the background :)

Jessica said...

Hey, Julie, it's been a long time since I've seen you or talked to you but I utterly enjoy your blog! I followed it from facebook one day and now I'm hooked! I look forward to hearing more from you and taking a peek at your beautiful life. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I was very happy to uncover this website. I want to
to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!
! I definitely liked every bit of it and
i also have you saved as a favorite to check out new things on your website.
my site: Garden supply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...